This half term we decided it was about time the kiddiewinks got to visit Jodrell Bank, home of the Lovell telescope, which they enjoy looking at out of the landing window. Living only 5 minutes down the road, it seemed wrong that the kiddiewinks were yet to visit.
We had a great day… Here are our top ten reasons to visit.
1) the Lovell telescope is humungous! Littlest Kiddiewink wowed lots and little man kept stating how it was bigger than he expected
2) whispering telescopes- the kids loved the fact they could give each other rude messages without being anywhere near each other. “You’re a smelly pants” was the favourite
3) gardens to explore as burn off that excess energy
4) a mini play park
5) learn more about our solar system- the kids loved the touch screens, granted not much was read, but they enjoyed messing.
6) not too big- very little chance of losing the kiddiewinks (whether that is a plus it negative, you decide)
7)two cafés- a takeaway one and an eat in (with an outside area). We didn’t sample to food, queues were big and we are skint. I would have bought them a drink and snack but the takeaway cafe was cash only (I was not popular with the kiddiewinks)
8) lots of chance to get outdoors in the fresh air
9) staff that seem to genuinely enjoy working there, and are happy to help
10) Not to pricey- it cost £16.80 for the four of us, would have been a bit dearer if hubby had been able to come
All in all, a great day out, we will definitely be visiting again, but this time with daddy too.